Call for Mission Staff
2022 Canada Deaf Games – Laval, Quebec
BC Deaf Sports Federation (BCDSF) is looking for a candidate as BC Mission Staff to prepare and support BC Deaf and Hard of Hearing Athletes attending the Canada Deaf Games (CDG) in Laval, Quebec from July 4 to 10, 2022.
Should you be interested, please submit a resume with descriptions of your qualifications and experiences if any by email: email@example.com.
If you know of anyone with the qualifications to handle the duties, please share this recruitment announcement with them.
Expected Duties of Mission Staff
- Must be available to attend CDG in-person in Laval from July 4 – 10, 2022
- Oversee accommodation and travel arrangements for athletes and sport staff
- Collect signed Codes of Conduct (Athletes, Manager, Coaches & Chaperones)
- Order and distribute of BC Team shirts
- Collect emergency contacts and medical/allergies history information
- Assign Chaperones to Athletes under the age of 19 years
- Prepare a final list of Team BC and forward to CDG by the deadline with support of BCDSF office
- Ensure that Team BC follows the rules and conducts themselves appropriately
- Submit a final written report of summary and outcomes to BCDSF within 30 days after the CDG
- Provide written or ASL articles for BCDSF’s newsletter
- Expected to sign and comply with the BCDSF Code of Conduct
Candidates interested in the above position shall have:
- the ability to make excellent decisions and find solutions to problems independently
- be able to communicate in ASL
- the ability to get the job done within a short time frame
- able to work under pressure
Deadline to send resumes is Wednesday March 23rd, 2022