CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The British Columbia Deaf Sports Federation is now inviting applicants for the position of Chef de Mission of the BC Team for Canada Deaf Games 2024 in Toronto, Ontario from May 6 to 11, 2024. The Chef de Mission is the volunteer leader of the BC Team and acts as the key representative of the BC Deaf Sports Association.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Chef de Mission is a proactive, motivational leader who supports and promotes the Provincial Team by creating a team environment that is conductive to a productive, competitive, and positive experience for all team members.
The term of the Chef de Mission is from the date of appointment by the BCDSF Board through to the final de-brief session and written report submitted to the Board. (approx. July 2024)
The Chef de Mission is accountable to the BCDSF Executives.
- Provide leadership to support the Team
- Serves as the spokesperson/representative for the Team leading up and during the Games
- Serves as a mentor, supporter, and cheerleader for the Team
- Builds relationship with all members of the Team
- Works with BCDSF in the preparation of the Canadian Team’s participation at the Games
- Develop methods and frequency of communication between National team members
- Be familiar with the Athlete Agreement and if needed, the roles and responsibilities of the Team Managers and Head Coaches
- If needed, work with the Team Managers and Head Coaches to facilitate the planning of the training (prior to departing for the Games)
- Attend key meetings such as Chef de Mission meetings and Board meetings on occasion, at the request of the board
- Arrange and conduct daily on-site Mission meetings in conjunction with the Team Managers
- Prepares a final report/summary for the BCDSF Board
The BCDSF will provide a Support Person to help the Chef with their administrative load including such as scheduling, managing travel, responding to requests, etc.
- Must be a member of BC Deaf Sports Federation
- Experience at major games such as previous Canada Deaf Games or other national games
- Demonstrated leader
- Ability to motivate and foster team building
- Excellent written and verbal/ASL communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills as well as experience working with Deaf athletes.
HOW TO APPLY
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE: (either VLOG or WRITTEN or both)
- Cover letter
- Answers to our Questions
- Current member of BC Deaf Sports Federation?
- Games/Sport management and leadership experience?
- The definition of a “successful” team form your perspective?
- Reasons for applying for the Chef de Mission position?
- Goals for the Team that will represent BC at Canada Deaf Games 2024?
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED AND RECEIVED BY BCDSF BY MIDNIGHT (PST) on Feb 16, 2024.
Application received after midnight (PST) Feb 16, 2024 will be not considered.
Please submit application to email@example.com.